A lot of people use a cleanser daily in the hope to get rid of blackheads without success. Some even try to extensively scrub off everything but it only harms their face at the end of the day. It is never a good idea to go overboard with anything. But then, how to clear blackheads?
Why Do Blackheads Exist?
No matter how often you wash your face, there seems to be no end to stubborn blackheads (or whiteheads). This is because blackheads are not on our skin because of dirt. Yes! You read that right. Blackheads are formed when the open pores are clogged with dead skin cells and sebum and get oxidized due to the exposure to air which turns it black. If the pores are closed, oxidation will form Whiteheads. Both are very annoying to have and difficult to get rid of with our everyday cleaning procedures.
Hello Salicylic Acid, Bye Blackheads!
There are quite a few ingredients but the one I recommend is Salicylic Acid. It has its chemical properties that allow it to dissolve the type of skin debris that clogs pores and causes blackheads and whiteheads. It is not recommended to use a product with salicylic acid too frequently as it can result in skin dryness, redness, and can even cause rashes. Also, people with dry or sensitive skin should be careful while using anything with it.
It is always better to use a leave-on product than a wash-off product to get rid of blackheads as this allows a longer exposure to the active ingredient and is more effective.
These products from Perfect Image are ideal for breakouts, blackheads, hyperpigmentation, enlarged pores, whiteheads, sun damage, and oily skin types. They contain the quality ingredients that are excellent for the skin. The tea tree oil will disinfect any bacteria, and the chamomile and cucumber will calm down inflamed skin. The green tea is also added because it is a powerful anti-oxidant with salicylic acid.
Tips To Use Peel Gel
- Follow the instruction guide that comes with the product.
- It is highly recommended to use a pre-peel cleanser (Salicylic Deep Gel Cleanser) to thoroughly clean the skin and prepare it for the skin peel treatment.
- Apply once a week or every 3-4 days if you have got an excess of blackheads or whiteheads.
- If it starts to burn on first use, wash it off after 1-2 mins. Your skin will be able to cope more next time. Increase 1 minute after every use.
- Rinse your face with cold water and keep a cold towel (refrigerating) over face after washing for some time.
- Apply moisturizer to maintain the oil balance.
- Do not use on wounded skin.
You can know more about the product by clicking on your country’s name below:
- Salicylic Deep Gel Cleanser: (India / U.S. / U.K.)
- Salicylic Acid 20% Gel Peel: (India / U.S. / U.K.)
Have you ever used the above-mentioned products or any product with Salicylic Acid? How has been your experience? You are welcome to share your story here. Or if you have any questions, leave them in the comment below and I’ll get back to you ASAP.
P.S.-If your country is not listed above, you can leave it in the comment below and I’ll try to get the best offer for you.
Happy Skin to You!