If you are looking for a new moisturizer to try your hands on, you should get a non-comedogenic one.
Don’t know what a non-comedogenic moisturizer is?
I have got your back as I explain what they are and how are they beneficial for your skin. I have also listed the best moisturizer for men under the category.
What are non-comedogenic moisturizers?
The moisturizers that are water-based and have little-to-no oil in them are labeled as Non-Comedogenic or Oil Free.
Why use non-comedogenic moisturizers?
We clean our face to remove dirt and unclog pores to minimize acne. Post which we use a moisturizer to moisturize the face but if the pores are getting clogged again because of the oil present in them, the whole purpose gets defeated.
To prevent this, it is highly recommended that we use a non-comedogenic moisturizer. As they do not have oil, they don’t clog pores and are light in comparison with other moisturizers.
Who should use these?
A person with any skin type who suffers from acne can use these moisturizers. Just make sure you choose a moisturizer based on your needs.
I have categorized the best non-comedogenic moisturizers below. Look for the category that best suits you and makes your move. Not to mention, all these products can be used by women too.
⇒ All Skin Type ⇐
Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Moisturizer
- People with any skin type can use this. But if you have sensitive skin that doesn’t respond to Salicylic Acid too well, you might wanna look at some other options.
- This is one of its kind moisturizers from Philosophy as it contains Salicylic acid and oligopeptide-10 which not a lot of moisturizers have.
- Can be used to treat your existing acne and prevent them too.
- Provides oil control for a beautiful matte finish.
- Keep skin clear of new acne blemishes.
- Antimicrobial formulated.
Philosophy Renewed Hope in A Jar Moisturizer
- This too, like Clear Days works for all the skin type and the fact that it doesn’t have Salicylic Acid, people with sensitive skin can use this freely.
- It is recommended to apply it twice a day, morning and night after cleansing the face.
- It is quite expensive but it makes it up with its results.
- No parabens, sulfates or phthalates.
- Soft, dewy smoothness, comforted by instant and all-day hydration.
⇒ Oily/Combination Skin ⇐
Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Combination Skin
- One of the cheapest in the range, so, if it works for you, call yourself lucky.
- Oil-free, Non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores).
- No alcohol.
- Is not recommended for someone with too dry or too oily skin.
- Also available for Normal to Dry Skin, Sensitive Skin, and with SPF 35.
Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 – Combination/Oily
- This one’s another affordable yet quite effective moisturizer.
- Very light and can be worn under makeup.
- Comes with SPF 15 so, it saves from sun’s harmful rays.
- Contains Aloe and Anti-Oxidants (vitamins E, B3, and C).
- Oil-Free, Fragrance-Free, and PABA-Free.
- Recommended for daily use by the Skin Cancer Foundation.
- Also available for sensitive skin.
⇒ Normal/Dry Skin⇐
CeraVe Moisturizing Facial Lotion AM/PM Bundle
- Have different moisturizers for morning and night.
- The one for morning comes with SPF 30.
- Help repair, restore, and maintain a protective skin barrier.
- Their patented Multivesicular Emulsion (MVE) technology releases ingredients over time, penetrating deep into the skin to hydrate and nourish.
⇒ Sensitive Skin ⇐
Neutrogena Men Sensitive Skin Oil-Free Moisture, SPF 30
- Features Helioplex, an advanced sunscreen complex that protects six layers of surface skin for broad spectrum protection against UVA/UVB rays.
- Pro-Soothe Technology makes it apt for Sensitive Skin.
- Oil and Dye free.
- Labelled as men’s but can be used by women too.
- Comes with SPF 30.
Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sensitive
- Provides a base of hydration that lasts all day (12 hours).
- Contains sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 and SolaSheer Technology to protect against UVA/UVB rays.
- 100% oil-free and PABA-free.
- Fast absorbing, non-greasy, and fragrance-free.
- Gentle formula for sensitive skin.
- Recommended for daily use by the Skin Cancer Foundation
⇒ Naturally Made ⇐
Alba Botanica Hawaiian, Aloe & Green Tea Oil-Free Moisturizer
- Not everyone is a fan of chemicals and that is when a product like this comes into the picture.
- It’s natural, environmentally conscious, 100% vegetarian, and has not been tested on animals.
- It is free of parabens and artificial fragrances.
- Contains Green Tea Oil and Aloe.
- It minimizes the appearance of pores.
- And the best part is that it’s affordable.
- Can be used for any skin type but very effective for oily/combination skin.
⇒ Acne Treatment ⇐
Clinique Acne Solutions All-Over Clearing Treatment
- This not actually a moisturizer. It has been made to treat acne specifically but it keeps your skin hydrated too.
- You would like to grab this product if nothing has worked for your acne yet.
- People with acne who are allergic to benzoyl peroxide can opt for this too.
- Contains 1% Salicylic Acid.
- An acne solution Cleansing Foam is also available to give faster and better results.
Are you using any of the above listed non-comedogenic moisturizers or maybe a different one? Leave your thoughts in the comment below and share your “oil-free” story with us!
P.S.-If your country is not listed above, you can leave it in the comment below and I’ll try to get the best offer for you.